This page summarises the numbers of people covered by this website.
The site is supported by a database from which people's details are taken to be placed online but only if these people are not alive. Data is placed online in stages, and currently is focussed mainly on the geographical areas of south Leitrim covered by the Catholic Parishes of Aghavas, Annaduff, Bornacoola, Cloone, Gortletteragh and Mohill. There are a scattering of people from other southern areas of the county, as can be seen on the table below.
Data is summarised by area and split into 2 main categories: Non-Living and Living. Each of these categories is also split into 3 - People for whom research is deemed complete; People on whom research is deliberately left incomplete (meaning all of their children are not included in the database); and People on whom not all standard research checks have been made, i.e. Research Deferred.
|Details (Not Living)||Details (Living)||Full Totals|
|Not Living Totals||21006||30|
Summary of Website Data
This table summarises the numbers of people who are now online on this site, or else who have been researched but not placed online as they are or may be living. The following may help make sense of the above:
- The area is either one of the areas covered by the Catholic parishes mentioned or else anywhere else in the world (all others)
- Details of Living Persons are not given on this website. The site includes a listing of all these people showing their names and countries (and counties if born in Ireland) of origin. See People Excluded. More information can be supplied to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete means that what is known of the person's details (parentage, lifespan, spouses, and children) are, in the case of Not Living persons, online, and in the case of Living persons, not online but on the underlying database
- Incomplete means that for this person details such as parentage, lifespan, spouses, etc. have been sought and included where found, but details of all of his or her children have not been entered
- Deferred means that while the person's known details may well include all of his/her parentage, lifespan, spouses, and children information, because he or she has not yet been fully resarched, only some of this information is online in the case of Not Living Persons
- +/- shows the difference in numbers compared to the previous update
- Full Totals is the combined total of Living and Not Living people for each area